Photogrammetry Outcomes in Autodesk 123D and 3D Studio Max

Around 180 photographs were taken in total and the images were uploaded via 123D’s desktop software to be rendered together. Initial results were disappointing, but after careful selection I began to see some results. I found the best solution to missing data was to split the process into head, torso and legs and combine the data in 3D Max.

 

Fewer images were used here, just from the top half of the effigy, producing a better outcome. You can see the surrounding 'hearse' that was removed at a later stag

Once the scans were cleaned up and combined I found that there was suffucient data to make some initial attempts within 3D Max to look at using the Conform tool and experimant with creating a base mesh.

Below is the initial retopology attempt.

Advertisements